One Year Certificate Program - EXPERIENTIAL
24 credit hours
This program provides an experiential-based learning situation where the student is immersed in day to day ministry leadership complemented by relevant courses that will help the student to integrate both kinds of learning. Each student will have a personalized leadership context designed to stretch the student to grow in relationship with God and ministry within a mentored context. This program is designed for those who want to learn more about God, to experience the unknown, and be stretched intellectually and spiritually. This program provides students with an overview of the Bible, an understanding of how to think and act Christianly, a clear perspective on how they can be a part of what God is doing, and an opportunity and the skills to serve God better
The courses in this program are all applicable to any other program at RMC. You can, if you sense God calling you, use this certificate as the next step, or the first step, in being equipped to serve God.
Biblical & Theological Studies (3 credit hours)
General Arts (3 credit hours)
Professional Studies (6 credit hours)
Approved Elective Courses (12 credit hours)
Field Experiences (non-credit)
Profile of a Graduating Student with the Discipleship Certificate
A graduating student will:
- discover and build a personal spiritual life that brings students into intimate relationship with God
- discover and build strong Christian community among students and with college faculty and staff
- develop a Christian view of God’s Word, His Kingdom, the Christian faith, and the world around us
- discover their identity in Christ and develop a healthy self–awareness
- gain an understanding of issues and subjects which the student wants to explore.
Career Path Options
This program is designed to develop strong volunteers for local church ministries.
Future Education Possibilities
Completion of this certificate qualifies as the first year of all RMC diploma and degree programs. You can use this certificate as the first step in being equipped to serve God if He leads you to continue your training at RMC.